Monday, June 11, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #11: Say What

Migraine Awareness Month #11: "Say What?!" What's the most ridiculous thing ever said to you about Migraines, who said it, and under what circumstances?


There are so many different comments we’ve all heard, but I’ve decided to go the doctor route on this one. It was this doctor’s way of trying to push me into retrying a medication for the THIRD time - on my first and last visit with him.

Instead of saying anything of any intelligence to me after hearing my hesitation about retrying a medication, the doctor said “You can keep doing what you're doing or retry this medication.” Say what?!

First of all, if I wanted to “keep doing what I was doing,” I would have stayed with my last incompetent doctor and not sought him out.

Second of all, if the medication didn’t work the first two times at the exact same dosage, why would it work now with no other changes?

Third of all, at that point in my Migraine treatment, I had only tried a couple of different medications; not even enough to count on one full hand. Why in pray tell would he be going back to a medication that has already failed not once, but twice before.

Really?!



National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

Okay. I am so glad I cannot help with this through personal experience.