There are many ways to win, but the most important way you can win is that by writing a poem you can express your take around Migraines. It can be from your own experiences, things you have observed around Migraines, about being a caregiver - really anything to do with Migraines and Headaches.
There are a few ground rules which can be found on the Putting Our Heads Together Poetry Contest page. Here are some of the basics:
- Subject must be headache or Migraine related, but may be metaphoric or abstract.
- Form: Rhymed, free-verse, any form of poetry, but not prose.
- Length: Maximum of 60 lines, no more than 80 characters per line (including spaces and punctuation).
- "Family-friendly" language required. No profanity or other potentially offensive language.
- Deadline: Midnight, Friday, May 24, 2013. Submissions received after this date will be deleted.
- All poems must be written in English.
- Entries must be presented complete with spacing, punctuation, and correct spelling. Do not enter in all caps. We cannot retype entries.
- ALL entries must be made via the online submission form. No exceptions.
- See Putting Our Heads Together for the complete set of rules.
Join the fun! Enter your poem by midnight, Friday, May 24, 2013.