Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weirdest Migraine Trigger

With the weather getting cold, icy and snowy, I bumped into a very weird trigger the other night. I left work late. It was dark, cold and we were expecting some overnight snow.

As I left the building, I was very tired and it was breezy out. I walked to my car with my head down trying to get there in one piece. It was then that I realized that I had just discovered the weirdest trigger I think I've ever had.

They had already salted the walk and parking lot by the time I left. As I walked toward my car, the salt kept sparkling and twinkling and sparkling and twinkling. Then that familiar twinge started coming on quickly. I tried closing my eyes and walking, but I'm not too coordinated when my eyes are open; why would I think I could walk straight with my eyes closed?

What is the weirdest trigger you have bumped into? Is it as weird as a salted parking lot?

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Does shiney snow do the same thing?? Just wondering....

MigrainePuppet said...

Snow glare is not a good thing either. I'd have to say that I am very sensitive to many lights or shiney things.