Saturday, February 13, 2010

Living Well with Migraine Disease

I know I've written a lot about this Migraine book and was going to hang low on talking about it for a while in fear that I may be watering down how helpful this book has been for me and others around me, but I couldn't resist writing this one more time because it has made another remarkable difference in my life.

If you haven't guessed already, I am talking about the "Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches" book written by Teri Robert. This book first entered my life almost four years ago when I went on a quest to learn as much as I could about Migraines. It subsequently brought me to a great Migraine support forum group with good documentation which is updated as more Migraine information is unraveled and better ways of managing them comes along.

Since I have discovered it, I have given away the Living Well with Migraine book on numerous occasions even if it meant giving away my own copy and I have recommended it many times to others. I finally found a way to keep a copy in the house. Unfortunately, it meant passing down Migraine Disease to my son because I gave him a copy of the book which I will not give away. He read it while on school break and picked up a lot of good information from it for himself too.

This brings me to the point of telling you about the Living Well with Migraine book again. The book has been laying around since my son went back to school. After years of trying to get someone close to my son and me to read it, Terry finally picked it up and started reading it unprodded. Terry was never interested in reading it before and thought it was pointless to have my son read it while on break.

However since reading it, Terry has become more aware about Migraines and even started asking me additional questions. I can't believe what a change reading this book has made in the comprehending of Migraine disease. Terry definitely seems to understand some of the little idiosyncrasies of a Migraineur better than I could ever explain them and have them sink in.

Thank you Teri for the "Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches" book and for helping me to finally get through to Terry a little more.

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

What a wonderful resource. I wonder if Teri has any idea how many lives she has helped??

MigrainePuppet said...

I hope so. Teri has taught me so much about Migraines and how to manage them. I know I would not be as strong as I am today if I did not run across her. But there are probably so many more people that she has helped then even she realizes.