The AHMA was launched last month and is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that is under the authorization of the American Headache Society which is a professional organization for physicians and allied health professionals.
Education, Awareness, Support and Engagement is the goal of the AHMA – to EASE the burden of Migraine and other Headache disorders.
You can join the AHMA organization too! By becoming involved with the AHMA in its early stages, you can help influence and direct the course of AHMA programming to help ensure they meet your needs and those of other members.
Right now, the awesome events and programs that are in place are:
- A members-only support and information forum. It can be accessed by joining the AHMA.
- A free, members-only patient conference!
Many of the great leaders in the Migraine community are on the AHMA Board of Directors. Here is a list of the Board Members and I hope you’re as impressed as I am:
Chair: Teri Robert; Co-Chair: Dr Paul Winner
Chair Elect: Ellen Schnakenberg; Co-Chair Elect: Dr Bert Vargas
Vice Chair: Bob Wold; Co-Vice Chair: Dr Rob Nicholson
Treasurer: Julie Zellner McDonald; Co-Treasurer: Dr Rebecca Wells
Secretary: Diana Lee; Co-Secretary: Dr Rob Cowan
Membership dues for the AHMA are very reasonable. Here are the types of memberships available and the respective dues:
- $15 per year: Standard Membership
- $250: Lifetime Membership
- $0: Active Duty Military and Immediate Family; Disabled Veterans and Immediate Family
- $25: Family Membership for two or more members in the same family at the same address
- Looking to establish and set dues for a Lifetime Family Membership category is currently in the works.
The AHMA is already blogging, tweeting and Facebooking! You can like or follow the AHMA (if you haven’t done so already) at:
- Twitter: Twitter.com/AHMAOrg
- Facebook: Facebook.com/AHMAorg
- AHMA Blog: AHMABlog.com
I actually met one of the Migraine experts, a couple of weeks ago, that will be presenting at the conference in Scottsdale this year. He was so witty and a pleasure to be around. I can’t wait to hear him speak at the conference if I can make it there!
There is so much for you to gain by joining the AHMA. You can make a difference.