Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Flashes

I went to my nieces dance recital. It was really nice and the auditorium was dark; just the way I like things. The rules of the program were you could take pictures as long as you didn't use a flash.

However, there were several over zealous parents where about every third performance they not only used a flash camera, but thought they were studio photographers and kept snapping away. I ended up covering my eyes and trying to keep my composure. I actually started planning my escape route over my aunt and brother, then down the aisle and finally out the doors.

I don't want to give up what little normal life I have left! I want to enjoy normal things such as this. I know my nieces are not my daughters, but they are a big part of my life. I do want the other people to enjoy their children's dance recital too, but no flashes should mean no flashes. Right? Or am I being too sensitive?

No comments: